Grilled Cabbage Steaks With Bacon & Blue Cheese
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 6 steaks
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 package McCormick® Grill Mates® Smoky Applewood Marinade
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 head cabbage cut into 6 steaks
- 1/2 cup bleu cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons green onion thinly sliced
Cook bacon in large skillet on medium heat until crisp. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the drippings. Crumble bacon; set aside.
Mix Marinade Mix, oil, vinegar, maple syrup and reserved bacon drippings in small bowl until well blended. Place cabbage steaks in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add marinade; turn to coat well.
Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor. Remove cabbage steaks from marinade. Reserve any leftover marinade.
Grill cabbage steaks over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes per side or until tender-crisp, brushing with leftover marinade. Serve cabbage steaks topped with blue cheese, crumbled bacon and green onions.