Spicy Pico De Gallo
Servings: 4 cups
An amazing Pico De Gallo salsa that is light and fresh tomatoes, cilantro, lemon and jalapeno is safe for the kids, yet spicy enough for the adults!
- 6 medium tomatoes romano or vine
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup white onion chopped
- 1 tsp cilantro chopped
- 2 medium jalapenos chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice about 1 large lemon
- 1 tsp lime juice 1 quarter lime (optional)
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp black pepper
Chop your tomatoes into 1/4 inch cubes and throw in a mixing bowl
Dice your green onions...
Mince the garlic...
...and chop the cilantro
Dump everything into the bowl and stir together
Add the salt and pepper.
and squeeze the lemon and (optional) lime juice. Stir it all together for about a minute, as you stir you should see the juices coming out.
I've noticed depending on the tomato you may need to add a little more salt. taste your salsa and if it seems a little on the sweet side go ahead and give it a little more salt.
Grab some chips and enjoy!